monday april, 21

yesterday i weighed 4 lbs 8 oz.  i started out on about 28% oxygen still with a 1/2 liter of flow.  in the morning my nurse simone (she’s my favorite) noticed that my heart tracing on the monitor looked a little funny.  she had dr. alhosni come in to see me and he ordered an EKG to see what might be happening.  mommy took a picture of me while i was getting my EKG.  i look like a little robot don’t i?

the EKG showed premature atrial contractions (PAC).  this is very common with babies like me.  they decided to draw labs just to be sure and everything looked fine.  dr. alhosni said it is something that i just need to grow out of (just like my preemie clothes) :)

6a00d8341ce43053ef00e552081939883_3

it was such a nice day yesterday that mommy took pictures of the pretty flowers outside to show me.  tulips are one of her favorite flowers and they are all around the hospital.  i can’t wait to go outside with her and see them myself.

Picture_024_3

today i weighed 4 lbs 7 oz.  i lost a little bit of weight but not enough to be alarmed.  i don’t need my sodium anymore so they stopped that today.  mommy wasn’t able to be here early this morning because she had a doctor’s appointment so she was so surprised when she came in because the top is off of my house (spaceship)!!!! :)   this is another big step to going home.  they will take my temperature every 2 hours to make sure i am tolerating room air ok.  if so, i will not need the top on my house anymore.  how exciting is that?  now i get to look around more and hear mommy talking.  most importantly she doesn’t have to change my stinky diapers through the silly arm holes anymore.  that was hard on both of us.  she can take better pictures of me now too! 6a00d8341ce43053ef00e55208388888348

Picture_002_3 tomorrow i have another eye exam so pray that it goes as well as my first one did.  i can’t wait to bust loose from this place to be able to hang out with all of you.  until then, i will keep updating you on my progress.  nap time.

~adali

1. Addison Danielle says:

Woo-Who!! Congrats on the move from house to spaceship!! How exciting! Oh Man…do I remember getting those EKGs when I was born. I was born with two holes in my heart, baby Adali, and for the first 3-6months of my life EKG became a normal phrase for me. Obviously both closed up around 1 year and I’m strong, healthy and SMART now…Just like you’re gonna be!! Keep up the great work. I pray for you all the time and hope to see you home soon! Your mommy wants to be able to show you off to the world :) Love You. Think about you often.
    Love,
    Addi :)

2. Patty McHugh says:

I knew this would be a good week! What a nice surprise for mommy & daddy to walk in and see an open crib! YEAH!!! Huge step in the right direction! So happy for all of you!

3. Katherine Nauman (from the studio) says:

Adali,
    Way to go at getting the top off of your house! I had to change your cousin Beale’s diaper one time even without a box and armholes to deal with and that was hard enough, so I am sure your mommy is going to be very excited! :) Keep up the good work on growing, and don’t forget to update us! I know that everyone who checks in on you loves your little updates. You are getting so big and it is so wonderful to see you growing! You are a little blessing to everyone whose lives you have touched thus far, and to think you are only getting started!
    ♥, Katherine

4. Hallas says:

Adali,

I knew you would be fine. Keep it up. We need you out and about since there is a whole world of discoveries outside of your spaceship. I am still praying for you.

P.S- KU Football had its spring game. Im excited and as well as you should be also.

Hallas

5. Trip Goodloe says:

Jamie and Jastin:
    Nit and I love to take a peak at these updates on a regular basis and track the progress of Adali. I figured it was time for me to stop being an anonymous visitor and post. Please keep the updates coming.

Trip

6. Uncle Sari and Aunt Micala says:

Adali-

Your are doing amazing! We love watching you grow. Lots of Love and Prayers from Louisburg.

Love-
    Uncle Ri & Aunt Cala

PS. LaRue is glad your getting sooo big, so you can play with her when you come to KS.

7. Mark Greentree says:

So glad to see Adali is progressing so well. All of you are inspiring to me and my family. Here’s hoping you all can go home together as soon as possible!

Mark