wednesday june, 18

my surgery was successful and we are back home and i'm resting with daddy now.  we got to the hospital yesterday bright and early.  here i am on the way up to pre-op in my little red wagon.


after we checked in they weighed me and took my vitals to make sure that i was healthy enough to go through surgery.  i weighed 7 lbs 5 oz with my night gown on when they weighed me.  not bad for a little thing ;)   after they took my vitals when went to my pre-op room where i got dressed for surgery in my cute little hospital gown.  mommy and daddy had to write yes on the side where they knew my hernia was and a "?" on the other side that may have had a hernia.


mommy and daddy got to walk me back to the operating room.  this was hard for mommy but i slept right through it.  they gave me some of the good gas before they put the tube down my throat and started the operation.  i had a little extra piece of tissue underneath my lip that attached to my gums that one of daddy's co-workers snipped before they started on the hernia operation.  they found that i had hernia's on both sides so they made an incision on each side and fixed them.  i have stitches in my muscles and my incision was glued.  here i am right after my surgery.


shortly after i woke up mommy and daddy took me down to the nicu.  it was hard for mommy, daddy and i to go back there because it brought back a lot of memories but we knew it wasn't going to be long before we were home.  dr. sadiq even came and visited me.  i was so happy to see him again.  he said that i was one of the cutest babies he had ever seen and couldn't believe how big i had gotten.  he heard that i was having some reflux and had the nurses start me on a new additive to my milk called simply thick.  it is an unflavored additive that makes my milk thicker to help it stay down.  it took me some practice to get it down since it was thicker but so far it is working well.  mommy and daddy will try it for awhile and if it doesn't work we will go back to how we were feeding before.  here is a picture of me after i ate last night.

6a00d8341ce43053ef00e553794bf98834-350wi last night was a bit rough but i made it through with daddy at my side.  this morning we got the go ahead to be able to go home. 

6a00d8341ce43053ef00e5535e11958833-350wi here i am resting before i got to go home.

and here i am today at home.


thank you again and again and again for all of the positive thoughts and prayers that i would pull through my surgery.  please continue to pray that i heal well and grow big and strong.

love and fairy dust (and hello to all of my princesses),

adali grace 

4 Comments ( Reply )

  1. Ashley Braden says:


    I’m so glad that your surgery was a success & that you’re doing so well. 7 lbs, 5 oz…WOW…you are getting to be such a big & strong girl…and pretty too! :) Thank your Mommy & Daddy for me for letting you keep us all updated on how you are doing. We’re so glad you’re home. We’ll continue to pray for you and your family. Adali, please have Mommy send me an e-mail so that I can get your gift sent to you.


  2. Katherine Nauman (from the studio) says:

    I am so happy to see that you are doing great! :) Keep continuing to grow, although I am excited that you are now the size to fit in the little outfit that I sent you, I want you to grow out of it so that you can become a big princess. Take care and get well, soon! :)

  3. Joy Hopkins says:

    Your doctor is right! You are very beautiful!!! I can’t believe how much you’ve grown in such short time. I feel like I’ve only been following your blog for a couple months and here you are at over 7 lbs?! Way to go!!!

  4. Anne Dureka says:

    Oh my you are getting so big! I will be praying for your recovery!

Leave a Reply to Katherine Nauman (from the studio)