tuesday, march 9

i think it's safe to say that birthday's and adali simply don't get along.  we had so many fun activities planned for the weekend and everything got thrown out of window when a nasty stomach virus ripped through our house…one that landed me in the ER begging for my life (i will spare you the details).  it claimed adali as it's next victim on saturday morning which was the scheduled day of her party.  we tried again on sunday but adali simply wasn't up for balloons and birthday songs yet.  yesterday when i woke her up, i immediately started to sing happy birthday hoping she would be up for a little celebrating…all she could do was muster a pathetic "no, no, no."  not even nana and papa were spared from sickness.  they left with their very own virus as a parting gift.

we tried to fit presents and cake in when she was feeling up to it, but it just wasn't as any of us had hoped.  next year i plan to throw a birthday bash she will never forget!  the cute thing was that no matter how crummy she was feeling, if you asked her how old she was she would smile and say, "i'm 2!"

Birthday collage

happy birthday sweet girl!  mama and daddy love you so much!

hugs,

i have to say a huge thank you to my husband and my parents for helping so much with adali while i recovered.  i love my family!

1. Sara says:

Looks like a good birthday -despite the illness!

LOVE the cake – did you make it?

2. Wow! Looks like a good time nonetheless.

Hope Adali is on the mend and able to play with all her fun new stuff!

Can I ask where you got the Abby candles? My daughter would love to blow those out!

3. Jamie says:

sarah,

my mom actually picked them up at a chain party supply store called the card factory.

here is the link; link to tinyurl.com

just search abby cadabby and 3 pages of items will come up. the candles are actually way cuter in person than on the website.

sara,

haha, no. i did not make the cake. i was too busy pleading for my life. i actually ordered it from a little bakery close to the house. i was very pleased with how it came out and adali loved it…even though she didn’t get to taste it.

jamie

4. Jenna Gensic says:

Happy Birthday Adali! Mikan signed “girl” when he saw all of her birthday pictures.

5. Jennifer Teegarden says:

I love your new ride, Adali! The pink color is awesome! Hope you are feeling better.

6. Traci Chojnicki says:

Happy Birthday Adali!!! I hope you are all feeling better and getting to enjoy her presents!

7. Melissa says:

Happy, happy belated birthday Adali! March is a great month for little girls ;) Glad you guys are feeling better – I had a stomach bug while visiting home and Addie’s had a runny nose and fever. Good times.