thursday, march 15

she asked to get her hair cut, so that's what we did…

Haircollage1

she said she wanted her hair short, i said ok…and off we went to get it cut.   her dada was pretty sad when we came home…i think his lack of hair makes him super sensitive to me cutting hers…remember her first hair cut, but i can't even count how many times he's said how cute her hair is in the last few days.

growing up i had long, thick hair with natural banana curls.  it was hair grown women pay a lot of money to get.  but there came a day when i wanted to try something knew, so i asked my mom  if i could get a perm.  ya know back when perms and big red glasses (girls, you know the glasses i'm talking about) were all the rage.  my mom asked me if i was sure that's what i wanted {with that look in her eye like you are so going to regret this}, and i said yes.  so off we went.  it took nearly 4 hours and lord knows how many of those little pink rollers to get that perm, but i loved it.  i appreciate that my mom let me experiment and decide who i wanted to be and i now hope to do the same for adali.

and no surprise, her reaction to getting her hair cut was the same as mine was the day i got a perm.  she loves it and if you ask me, it's so adali.  this summer her hair is going to be nothing but a mop of ringlets.  i can't wait!

Hair collage2

love ya gracie!

1. it’s super cute! great idea, adali :)

2. Sandy says:

Super adorable hair!!!!!

3. Jamie, she is just beautiful! :) Love the new do!

4. Melissa says:

So cute! I have this fear of cutting Addie’s hair and…no more curls!

5. Jamie says:

Melissa,

I think that was Jastin’s fear. Adali’s hair is on the think side so longer hair tends to weigh down her curls so they aren’t has prominent. The shorter her hair the curlier it is. Addie’s hair seems to be quite a bit thicker but I bet she would still have them if you cut it {but don’t kill me if that’s not the case}.

6. Debbe Wendt says:

LOVE the new look!

7. Chrystal says:

I love it!!

PS… bald dads are the best dads! :)

8. Jenny says:

I’m coveting Adali’s curls! Julia’s hair is so thin, I tried having hers cut short too just to see if it would make it appear thicker but no dice. The other 3 all have my thick hair but Julia got her dad’s locks, bummer. By the way, I would love to come paint some furniture at your house!

9. sara t says:

Funny you mention perms and big red glasses – the girls found my 5th grade school picture the other day and claimed i looked weird with my perm and glasses…. i explained they were looking at the definition of “cool” not weird….

LOVE Adali’s hair – so adorable! Lucky girl with the natural curl!

10. Natalie Carver says: